Joel and Ethan Coen, more famously known as the Coen brothers, are arguably the greatest filmmakers of our time. They’ve been nominated for 13 academy awards, won four, and have garnered praise from many of the world’s most influential people. In this episode of the Word On Fire Show, Bishop Barron illuminates the Biblical motifs present in some of the Coen brothers' most celebrated films. The listener question asks about God's providence in relation to coincidence.
- 0:17 - Introduction, Bishop's Channel Island Mass.
- 1:38 - What makes the Coen Brothers so unique?
- 3:45 - What are the spiritual themes in Fargo? (spoiler alert)
- 11:16 -What are the spiritual themes in No Country for Old Men and how does it relate to Fargo? (spoiler alert)
- 17:28 -What are the spiritual themes in True Grit? (spoiler alert)
- 24:45 - Question from listener: What is the difference between coincidence and God's providence?
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and, again, be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.