In a way we are all addicts, because we are all sinners. In this episode of The Word on Fire Show, Bishop Barron explains the spiritual dimensions of addiction and how finding your center in God is not only the first step to recovery but also the walking path of lifelong freedom. The listener questions asks whether it's more fun to be bad than good.
- 0:05 - Introduction, Bishop's upcoming trips
- 2:05 - How are we all addicts?
- 5:30 - How can addiction bleed into the religious life?
- 6:20 - What is the purpose of the ascetic life in terms of addiction?
- 10:00 - What are the spiritual roots of Alcoholics Anonymous?
- 15:15 - What is the Biblical prescription for dealing with addiction?
- 19:20 - How can we tell if we are addicted to something when it doesn't seem to be ruining our lives?
- 22:00 - Why is Christianity specifically helpful for battling addiction?
- 24:10 - What should someone do if they are right now struggling with an addiction and want to stop?
- 25:25 - Question from listener: Is it more fun to be bad than good?
- Daily Calendar and Prayer Cards
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.