We all face the Big Questions of life—it doesn't matter whether we're religious or not. We wonder about God, identity, meaning, morals, and death. Bishop Barron tackles some of the Big Questions and compares how the world generally answers them with how the Catholic Church responds. A listener asks about the relationship between God's providence and our free will.
- 0:14 - The power of spiritual fatherhood
- 2:44 - Father Barron, Bishop Barron, or Grandpa Barron?
- 2:54 - Question #1 - Does God exist?
- 6:19 - The big "why?" question
- 8:40 - Question #2 - Who am I?
- 12:05 - What about those who reduce all life to "genetic machines"?
- 13:11 - Question #3 - What is the meaning of life?
- 17:21 - Do we just make up meaning for ourselves?
- 18:54 - Question #4 - What is moral?
- 23:00 - How do we discover what's right and wrong?
- 26:18 - Question #5 - What happens after death?
- 30:22 - Bishop Barron's one-sentence answer to each Big Question
- 31:27 - Question from listener: Where does God's providence end and our free will begin?
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron