Are you saved? This is a question we have heard from our Protestant friends regarding the state of grace for individual souls. In this episode of the Word on Fire Show, Bishop Barron discusses the Catholic response to this question and in doing so reveals the rich, multivalent message of the Cross. The listener question asks about original sin.
- 0:17 - Introduction, Bishop Barron's trip to Hawaii for the Red Mass
- 5:00 - How should we respond to the question, "Are you saved?"
- 8:10 - What are we being saved from?
- 11:30 - Why is the Old Testament important for understanding salvation?
- 13:35 - Why does God use the act of crucifixion to affect our salvation?
- 18:08 - What's the difference between individual salvation and the idea that God saved humanity on the Cross?
- 19:45 - What roll do the sacraments play in salvation?
- 22:47 - Where did Martin Luther differ from the Church?
- 26:10 - Listener Question: How do we inherit original sin?
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and, again, be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.