Every now and then, articles and surveys pop up suggesting that religious people are, by whatever criteria, dumber than then general population—or at least dumber than atheists. Today Bishop Barron responds to this and the charge that religion has a “smart-people problem.” A listener asks about new ecclesial movements in the Church.
Also, be sure to take advantage of our Word on Fire Show listener sale! ENTER PROMO CODE: DAVID to save $10 on our newest film at DavidTheKing.com
- 0:05 - Intro and Catholic podcast recommendations
- 1:30 - Bishop Barron's initial reaction to the articles claiming that religion has a smart-people problem.
- 5:00 - What does it say about religion when studies show that most scientists are atheists?
- 8:30 - Is it worrisome that most professional philosophers are atheists?
- 12:00 - Does it matter that most religious philosophers are theists?
- 13:30 - How does the culture feel about religious people, are they considered childish and simple-minded?
- 17:50 - What does historical evidence tell us about the relationship between science and religion?
- 19:30 - Question from listener: What's your take on Communion and Liberation and other ecclesial movements in the Church?
- Study Program
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.