Nearly every day we hear about natural disasters, school shootings, and profound tragedies. Each of us experiences pain and suffering. So why does God allow it? Why doesn't he just prevent all evil from occurring? That's what Bishop Barron discusses in today's episode. A listener asks
- o:04 - Introduction, Bishop Barron talks about his The Mass Study Program
- 3:14 - How did St. Augustine wrestle with the problem of evil?
- 10:00 - How did Thomas Aquinas deal with the problem of evil philosophically and theologically?
- 17:00 - How could God under any circumstances permit the Holocaust?
- 20:00 - How did God deal with the problem of evil on the Cross?
- 23:00 - How would Bishop Barron explain evil to a grieving sufferer?
- 24:50 - Question: Why did God not make us more capable of understanding him?