We are taking the next six episodes of the Word on Fire show to discuss each of the great men and women featured on Word On Fire's epic new film series, Catholicism: The Pivotal Players. The focus of this episode is Saint Francis, the great reformer of the Church from the early 13th century who truly embodied the life of Christ through his radical ministry of mercy and love. Our listener question asks about mysticism in the Church today.
*In this episode we include a limited time Word on Fire Show discount on Catholicism: The Pivotal Players with Coupon Code: Fran1226
Click on www.PivotalPlayers.com to purchase and act now because this offer expires soon!
- 0:19 - Bishop Barron discusses his trip to Poland for World Youth Day
- 3:00 - Intro about Pivotal Players and St. Francis in particular
- 6:23 - Why is Saint Francis so universally revered?
- 8:18 - What's the most misunderstood element of Francis?
- 10:17 - How did Saint Francis come to faith?
- 12:25 - How did the Franciscan order come to fruition?
- 14:44 - What does it mean that the Pope chose the name Francis?
- 16:14 - What are some of Bishop Barron's favorite Francis stories?
- 19:48 - Why is Saint Francis a pivotal player?
- 21:25 - Listener Question: What does it mean to be a mystic today?
- Calendar and Prayer Cards
- Study Guides
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.