Normally, in each episode we take one listener question. But we've received such a large number of outstanding questions from around the globe that we’ve decided to devote another episode to answering a range of questions from listeners like you. Bishop Barron answers several questions, rapid fire, on many different topics.
Be sure to visit LentenReflections.com to sign up for FREE Lenten reflections from Bishop Barron. A reflection is sent to your email each day during Lent with an accompanying prayer graphic from Word on Fire.
- 0:17 - Intro: Bishop Barron talks about Marriage as a sacrament
- 2:23 - Why was it necessary for Jesus to be baptized?
- 5:47 - Why is Jesus named "Jesus" and not Emanuel as the prophet predicted?
- 7:39 - Why are there so many names for God in the Old Testament, is "God" sufficient?
- 12:21 - By what means was Jesus able to avoid sin?
- 15:50 - What does Chesterton mean when he says, "The pint, the pipe, and the cross can all fit together."?
- 18:40 - Why did God allow the devil to exist?
- 22:05 - Besides Saint Joseph, what saints should new husbands and fathers study?
- 23:55 - Is there certain a disposition towards goodness that some people are born with while others are prone to struggle?
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and, again, be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.