Bishop Barron has a new book coming out titled To Light a Fire on the Earth: Proclaiming Christ in a Secular Age. It's a book-length conversation between Bishop Barron and John Allen, Jr., the award-winning Vatican journalist, and touches on a wide range of subjects including God, atheism, social media, prayer, beauty, and why the Church matters today. In today's episode, John joins Bishop Barron to discuss the new book.
SPECIAL: Pre-order the hardcover book today for just $19.95 (26% off) and free shipping. You'll also receive three bonus eBooks from Bishop Barron! Just click here to order.
- 0:05 - Introduction
- 1:40 - What were John Allen's first impressions about creating this book?
- 3:10 - What were Bishop Barron's first thoughts when the book was proposed to him?
- 4:00 - What parallels does John Allen see between Ven. Fulton Sheen and Bishop Barron
- 7:35 - Why did Bishop Barron start the book talking about beauty?
- 9:00 - How is Baseball helpful to understanding Catholicism
- 12:00 - How did one of Bishop Barron's professors in Paris shape his spirituality?
- 14:00 - What is Bishop Barron's three-fold path to holiness?
- 16:00 - What makes Bishop Barron different from other people John has interviewed for books?
- 19:00 - Will Word On Fire become a permanent movement in the life of the Church?
- 23:30 - How can Catholics proclaim the Gospel in a secular age?
Find bonus links and resources for this episode at http://WordOnFireShow.com and be sure to submit your questions at http://AskBishopBarron.